jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: reading from repository quickly
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2009 13:57:52 GMT
On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 15:39, euangreen<euangreen@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying various combinations of PersistenceManager , but have had no luck
> getting them to actually run. I keep getting a file lock error when trying
> to change from SimpleDBPersistenceManager to BundleDbPersistenceManager. But
> will persevere and look into changing the cache size to see if it makes a
> difference.

you cannot just switch the persistence manager configuration when you
have existing data. the different implementations use different ways
how they store content e.g. in a database. make sure you start with a
fresh tables when you switch the persistence manager.

> I'm using Session.exportDocumentView() to read the information from
> repository into an xml object then into an object in the java app. This
> certainly seems from profiling where the main problem is.
>
> I'm trying to speed this up but not sure how basically
>
> Any ideas?

that's certainly not the most performant way. you should rather use
the various getNode/Property() methods and get the desired content
directly.

regards
 marcel