jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Euan Green <e...@code9.co.uk>
Subject reading from repository quickly
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2009 14:51:18 GMT
Hi,

What is the best/quickest way to display items from the repository on a web
page?
I have an app that needs to display approx 250 items (using a list of
UUID's) from a repository containing 10000 items. At the moment we display
the list by locatingthe item in the repository by the UUID, then reading the
item info into java by way of an xml stream. Then we use the details to
populate a jsp. The whole process for displaying approx 250 items seems very
long. The only way we can speed things up is to use our own cache. I was
wondering if there is a better more effeicent way of querying jackrabbit for
specific uuids and getting that info displayed on a web page?

Many thanks

Euan