jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From KÖLL Claus <C.KO...@TIROL.GV.AT>
Subject AW: Reindexing a workspace ...
Date Wed, 03 Jun 2009 08:02:13 GMT
Hi thomas,

> How would you come in that situation?

lets say you have a disk crash and you must restore the index folder but it was backed up
a day before.
to get a consistent state with the data you must re-index the whole workspace.
ok this will happen only in a really rare situations but we are thinking at the moment about
disaster recovery strategies
in our company and i must tell what we have to do in a such situation :-)

>If you start a cluster node and the Lucene index files are missing, I
>guess they are created automatically. I didn't test this however.

yes thats right i have tested it ... the only problem i have is JCR-2124 but thats no big
problem..

greets
claus