jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Müller <thomas.muel...@day.com>
Subject Re: Reindexing a workspace ...
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2009 09:49:58 GMT

If you use database persistence managers and a database journal, you
could use the following procedure:

1) stop the cluster node
2) backup the lucene index, config files, and revision.log of this cluster node
3) later on, backup the persistence manager data, journal data, and data store

This backup should be consistent because the journal includes the list
of changes, so the lucene index is updated.

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 3:48 PM, KÖLL Claus<C.KOELL@tirol.gv.at> wrote:
> hi (thomas),
> ok the lucene index is consistent but you will not get a snapshot from the repository
> as bart wrote.
> I see some problems with barts solution ..
> if you have a large repository a write lock that runs hours is not good
> but maybe some others have good ideas  ...
> i have tested the environment as you mentioned with the cluster and it works fine at
> moment for us because we can re-index the backup cluster in the background if we get
> a crash ... hopefully not :-)
> greets
> claus

View raw message