jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Müller <thomas.muel...@day.com>
Subject Re: Reindexing a workspace ...
Date Tue, 09 Jun 2009 09:01:41 GMT
Hi,

> lets say you have a disk crash and you must restore the index folder but it was backed
up a day before.
> to get a consistent state with the data you must re-index the whole workspace.

Probably my original mail was unclear. I repeat: "One solution is to
use clustering. One cluster node (the 'master') is used for regular
requests, while the other (the 'backup') is used for backup. The
master node continuously runs, while the backup node is stopped from
time to time to create a backup." In that case the Lucene index in the
backup is consistent. After a crash, you restore the backup. Like
that, you don't have an inconsistent index.

Regards,
Thomas