jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Jackrabbit 2.0-alpha2
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2009 09:55:52 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 1:11 PM, Jukka Zitting<jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Jackrabbit 2.0-alpha2.

This vote failed to reach the required three +1s from PMC members, so
the alpha2 release is cancelled.

I'll follow up with an alpha3 release candidate shortly as we have a
need for another well-defined development snapshot. Please give it a
look and cast your votes.

These alpha releases aren't too important for many end users, but I
still prefer to follow the normal release process (instead of just
using specific snapshots) as a simple QA (does the build work beyond
just my system?) and sanity check (did I make some silly mistake
somewhere?) mechanism.

Reviewing the release candidate is pretty easy especially since I only
include a source archive. Just make sure that the checksums and
signature match the release, that the archive matches the svn tag, and
that the normal "mvn install" build works.

BR,

Jukka Zitting