jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Fondermann <bf_...@brainlounge.de>
Subject Re: Controlling the Lucene indexing
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2009 07:45:16 GMT
Marcel Reutegger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2009/6/8 Bernd Fondermann <bf_jak@brainlounge.de>:
>> It'd open a nice set of applications.
>> For example, if I tag docs, type them or keep headlines or authors in
>> separate attributes (and fields), I could do much more sophisticated
>> searches.
>
> I see.
>
> Did you consider storing this additional information as regular
> content?

No, because I want to control the indexing and storing behavior per field.

> i.e. create a regular JCR property instead of creating this
> low-level-behind-the-scences fields in lucene. then run the more
> sophisticated searches on those additional properties.

How could that work? I could not differentiate using Lucene query field
qualifiers.

Feature-downgrading doesn't help me. I have a clear need how nodes must
be indexed. Since there seems to be no easy way to do this in
Jackrabbit, so I fall back to my own index.
And that's ok for me. I just asked (although I looked at the code) to
not miss something.

Thanks for all your patience and help!

  Bernd