jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Fondermann <bf_...@brainlounge.de>
Subject Re: Controlling the Lucene indexing
Date Mon, 08 Jun 2009 16:38:21 GMT
Marcel Reutegger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 14:49, Bernd Fondermann <bf_jak@brainlounge.de> wrote:
>> I want to control how JCR attributes are mapped to Lucene Document fields.
>
> that's not easily possible. what is the reason you want to do this?
>
> if you still want to do that, then you could write your own
> QueryHandler implementation by extending from SearchIndex. Then
> overwrite the method createDocument().

It'd open a nice set of applications.
For example, if I tag docs, type them or keep headlines or authors in
separate attributes (and fields), I could do much more sophisticated
searches.
The downside of not being able to do this (controlling Lucene doc
creation) is having another, self-managed index, and (re-)indexing must
be done by hand, using JCR listeners or some other approach.

  Bernd