On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 7:12 PM, Alexander Klimetschek <aklimets@day.com> wrote:
On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 5:33 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to drop all our non-bundle persistence managers before we
> release Jackrabbit 2.0.

+1 (but only if we resolve the issue below)

> Besides forcing people to upgrade to the recommended setup

Well, upgrading from a non-bundle persistence manager to a bundle one
(or from any pm to a different one) is currently not possible. You can
do a system-view XML export of the whole repo, but as we know, the
versions can not be reimported back. Should we offer a PM migration
tool? We did this for our commercial CRX repo at Day, so it is
basically possible and not much work (but I am not sure if we can
donate this tool directly).

Yes! :-)

Dan
--