jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Tobias Bocanegra <tri...@day.com>
Subject Re: Global jcr:system workspace
Date Wed, 27 May 2009 13:24:50 GMT
On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 1:48 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 12:38 PM, Tobias Bocanegra
> <tobias.bocanegra@day.com> wrote:
>> [...] i suggest to try to map the entire versioning workspace to /jcr:system
>> and name it 'system' workspace.
>
> +1
>
> Could we merge this with the "security" workspace that Angela added
> for the security features?
afaik, the security workspace is not mounted into others. so i would
not do this.
the jcr:system workspace is special in this respect, that you can't
login to it, and that it is mounted to /jcr:system in all workspaces.

> I'm interested in moving parts of the repository configuration
> (indexing settings, cache configuration, etc.) inside the repository.
> Perhaps such data could also be placed inside the system workspace.
i thought that we should keep the jcr:system workspace read-only, at
least via API. i don't know if we should store config in there, too.

>> [...] this would imply to store the nodetype reflection as actual nodes
>> and drop the VirtualNodeTypeStateProvider. this would also allow to
>> use the repository as storage for the custom nodetypes and get rid of
>> the custom_nodetypes.xml.
>
> +1!
>
>> what i want to know is, if anyone has implemented an own
>> VirtualItemStateProvider?
>
> I think the biggest user of custom VirtualItemStateProviders is Hippo
> with their faceted search extensions. I've been asking them to
> contribute those extensions back to avoid compatibility issues down
> the line...

regards, toby