jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Tobias Bocanegra <tobias.bocane...@day.com>
Subject Global jcr:system workspace
Date Wed, 27 May 2009 10:38:47 GMT
hi,
currently the /jcr:system subtree contains 2 virtually mapped
workspaces, the version storage and the nodetype reflection. for
jsr283 we would also need to have a /jcr:system/jcr:activities and a
/jcr:system/jcr:configurations. i don't want to create 2 additional
workspaces for this, but rather use the existing versioning workspace.

for the sake of the TCK we're probably able to just create 2 more
'roots' in the versioning workspace and have additional
VirtualItemStateProviders for the activities and configurations, or to
add support for multiple virtual roots. but on the long run, i suggest
to try to map the entire versioning workspace to /jcr:system and name
it 'system' workspace. this would imply to store the nodetype
reflection as actual nodes and drop the VirtualNodeTypeStateProvider.
this would also allow to use the repository as storage for the custom
nodetypes and get rid of the custom_nodetypes.xml.

i would even like to "mount" the workspace on a higher level, i.e. on
the items and not on the states, and get rid of the virtual providers
completely. this would imply that the aggregating services, like the
search or the observation need to aggregate on a higher level, but
would i think that it would simplify write-back and transaction
handling.

what i want to know is, if anyone has implemented an own
VirtualItemStateProvider?

WDYT?

regards, toby