jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Generics generator class
Date Fri, 08 May 2009 12:24:33 GMT
On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 10:41 AM, Thomas Müller <thomas.mueller@day.com> wrote:
> Anyway, let's use the verbose style for now.

While I like the proposal, I also agree that the (readability)
improvement is a rather small one.

To end this discussion: in general we should be open to new stuff, and
do not argue based on "this has always been the case", "or the Sun
code style says it has to be this way, but I don't actually know why"
(there were some contra arguments, but I think the main and unspoken
argument against the change was to not break reading habits). We are
not angry monkeys:

http://wesleyneo.wordpress.com/2007/09/30/the-monkeys-and-the-bananas/

Please don't take this as an offense, just as a nice anecdote ;-)

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek