jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Global jcr:system workspace
Date Wed, 27 May 2009 11:48:06 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 12:38 PM, Tobias Bocanegra
<tobias.bocanegra@day.com> wrote:
> [...] i suggest to try to map the entire versioning workspace to /jcr:system
> and name it 'system' workspace.

+1

Could we merge this with the "security" workspace that Angela added
for the security features?

I'm interested in moving parts of the repository configuration
(indexing settings, cache configuration, etc.) inside the repository.
Perhaps such data could also be placed inside the system workspace.

> [...] this would imply to store the nodetype reflection as actual nodes
> and drop the VirtualNodeTypeStateProvider. this would also allow to
> use the repository as storage for the custom nodetypes and get rid of
> the custom_nodetypes.xml.

+1!

> what i want to know is, if anyone has implemented an own
> VirtualItemStateProvider?

I think the biggest user of custom VirtualItemStateProviders is Hippo
with their faceted search extensions. I've been asking them to
contribute those extensions back to avoid compatibility issues down
the line...

BR,

Jukka Zitting