jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit 2.0 release plan
Date Wed, 20 May 2009 09:29:25 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 11:23 AM, Torgeir Veimo <torgeir@netenviron.com> wrote:
> 2009/5/20 Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com>:
>> Now that the trunk is reasonably stable again, I'm planning to cut the
>> first 2.0 milestone release next week.
>
> Will a 1.5 repository be two-way binary compatible with a 2.0 repository?

Not necessarily. With the current trunk (and the upcoming M1) it
should be, but we may well want to change things before the final
Jackrabbit 2.0 release. Anyway, such changes will only be done if
there's a major reason behind it. Possible candidates are query index
changes required by join support and the proposed removal of all
non-bundle persistence managers.

I'm working on a migration tool (to be included already in Jackrabbit
1.6) that will allow users to migrate content from one repository
configuration to another.

BR,

Jukka Zitting