jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit 2.0 release plan
Date Wed, 20 May 2009 08:52:00 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 11:13 AM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm also planning to set up a series of time-based milestone releases
> leading up to 2.0.0. Every few weeks I'd cut a new 2.0-M? release
> based on the then-current trunk. These milestones (essentially alpha
> releases) would allow people to try out the new features and also give
> us a clear record of what's been achieved and what still needs to be
> done.

Now that the trunk is reasonably stable again, I'm planning to cut the
first 2.0 milestone release next week.

This 2.0-M1 release will be based on the PFD version of the JCR 2.0
API, but because of JCP licensing reasons users will need to manually
download the API jar from jcp.org to use the milestone release.
Because of this the milestone release will only be made in source form
and no binaries will be posted to jackrabbit.apache.org or to the
central Maven repository.

BR,

Jukka Zitting