jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene 2.4.1 and jackrabbit-core-1.5.4
Date Mon, 11 May 2009 07:00:23 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 8:00 AM, Martijn Hendriks <martijnh@gx.nl> wrote:
> I've been looking at merging the patch for issue JCR-1855 to jackrabbit-core-1.5.4 to
> get rid of a lucene memory leak, but for me that's not straightforward. I noticed,
> however, that the core compiles and builds (including all tests) if you only change
> the lucene dependency to 2.4.1. The patch of JCR-1855 contains a lot of code that
> replaces depercated method calls. Is that all that happens? Is it safe to only upgrade
> the version number and let the jackrabbit query code as it is?

Marcel would know best, but he's currently otherwise occupied.

AFAIK the main problem with upgrading to Lucene 2.4.x was the bug in
2.4.0. The upgrade to 2.4.1 in revision 756442 seems to have been all
that was needed, and as you notice, revision 756444 looks more like
related cleanups.

The query functionality is reasonably well covered by the test cases,
so if your backport passes all the tests then it's reasonably safe to
use as-is.

BR,

Jukka Zitting