jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Generics generator class
Date Wed, 06 May 2009 09:38:45 GMT
Hi,

Thomas Müller schrieb:
> Hi,
>
>> Do you have numbers ?
>
> Why do you want the numbers if you anyway don't care about performance?

You made a claim (which has no link to the other thread) which is
questioned by Julian and I would like to have numbers which may support
your claim. That's all.

If you don't have numbers, don't claim performance gains....

>> The point is whether it is important for the operation to have a "Hash"
>> map or a Map which happens to be hashed....
>
> What's the point in declaring the field as Map if I want it to be a HashMap?

Because the your code using the map does not care. It is just one single
location which cares: the point where you create the object. So if your
code just uses a map, why declare it a HashMap -- you might later decide
to use a GrokMap or a StupidMap instead of HashMap and you don't want to
change your code except for the constructor, do you ?

(And yes, this is also different from the main discussion thread)

Regards
Felix