jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Benjamin Rack" <benjamin.r...@gmx.de>
Subject [OCM] Mapping of JPA entities
Date Sat, 23 May 2009 17:11:49 GMT
Hello,

I'm trying to persist JPA entities to a Jackrabbit Repository using the OCM
framework. The main problem in doing so is that such entities normally do
not contain suitable properties for storing the path and uuid, which is
required for OCM in order to handle instances of the entity classes.

My current approach is using Javassist in a preprocessing step and enhancing
the given entity classes by adding two special properties and respective
get/set methods for these properties. Furthermore the preprocessing step is
used for generating the OCM mapping metadata by analyzing the JPA
annotations in the given entity classes and transforming them into according
OCM mapping metadata.

Is there another approach, which possibly could make the mapping of JPA
entities to a Content Repository a bit easier? Perhaps, someone has already
solved this problem in a better way.

Thanks,
Benjamin