jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Understanding mixins merge logic
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2009 09:53:46 GMT
On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 2:10 AM, Yoav  Landman <ylandman@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, I found a good discussion about the underlying logic in
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-2011 :)
> However, in my case, none of the tx changed the mixins that are applied to
> the node in question. So, does that mean that any concurrent changes to a
> node that has mixins on it are deemed as conflicting? Isn't that a bit too
> harsh or am I missing something?

Just to be sure: What do you mean by concurrent change? In different
transactions or by concurrent access to the same session?

Otherwise I'd think a content-based diff sounds better than to check
the references. But I have not much knowledge about this code; it
might be that there should always be only one instance of the NameSet
object for a given name, so that a reference check would work. This
could indicate a different problem. Anyone?

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek