jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: jcr:deref in predicate
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2009 08:23:10 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 22:01, Dan Diephouse
<dan.diephouse@mulesource.com> wrote:
> I'm looking into this now and have a question. In a non predicate query I
> see that Jackrabbit creates a DerefQueryNode and adds it to the
> PathQueryNode via addPathSetp.
> However, if one is working on a RelationQueryNode there is only the ability
> to add Path.Elements. Am I correct in understanding that RelationQueryNode
> may have to undergo some modifications here so it handle more than just
> foo/bar/@blah type paths?

yes, I think that's a reasonable approach.

> Any suggestions on how this should look? Should RelationQueryNode maybe have
> a PathQueryNode whose results get evaluated against the operand/value
> instead of a series of Path.Elements?

I'm not sure about all the details, but I guess that should work. I'd
use keep the current
methods and use a PathQueryNode internally for RelationQueryNode#relPath. then
add new methods, i.e.

- addPathStep(LocationStepQueryNode) -> works similar to
addPathElement() but allows
you to also add a DerefQueryNode
- getRelativePathNode() -> works similar to getRelativePath() but
returns the internal PathQueryNode

just brain storming... might be missing something

regards
 marcel