jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Florent Guillaume ...@nuxeo.com>
Subject Re: Next steps for Chemistry
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2009 13:33:27 GMT
Hi all,

Regarding the status of the code, please go ahead and play with it but
be aware that it will get refactored in the coming days and weeks, for
now in our Mercurial repo until I have Apache svn access (http://hg.nuxeo.org/sandbox/chemistry

, branch "default"), then later in Apache svn when more people get to
play with it.
This is still alpha code :)

Regards,
Florent

On 27 Apr 2009, at 15:06, Dominique Pfister wrote:
> Hi Serge,
>
> I'm currently working on a JCR bridge for Chemistry, that will
> implement the interfaces in the chemistry-api module and translate
> them to calls on a generic JCR repository. I was able to plug a JCR
> repository implementation (actually Jackrabbit running in Tomcat
> accessed via RMI) into Florian's TestAtomPubServer test case, and the
> tests passed through. Of course, there is still a lot of functionality
> missing...
>
> Kind regards
> Dominique
>
> On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 2:58 PM, Serge Huber <shuber2@jahia.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Jukka & all,
>>
>> Thanks for the heads up. I was looking at the code for Chemistry this
>> morning, and it looks indeed like it's ready to be played with, but
>> it's
>> really lacking an integration with Jackrabbit :)
>>
>> I was wondering what people thought of David's suggestion that we
>> have the
>> Jackrabbit bindings in the Chemistry project ? Or it is too early
>> to discuss
>> this ?
>>
>> Also what is planned for the jcr-cmis code in the sandbox ? Will we
>> be able
>> to reuse some of that for the binding ? Anyone already working on
>> this ?
>>
>> Best regards,
>>  Serge Huber.
>>
>> On 27 avr. 09, at 12:00, Jukka Zitting wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> To keep everyone on track of what's happening with Chemistry,
>>> here's a
>>> list of things that are going to happen:
>>>
>>> * Based on the successful vote, I've asked the Incubator to accept
>>> Chemistry for incubation. Incubation starts on Thursday this week
>>> unless someone from the Incubator PMC challenges the proposal.
>>>
>>> * On Thursday (or once the IPMC is happy) I will request or set up
>>> all
>>> the project infrastructure listed on the Chemistry proposal. I will
>>> also move all the related code that we currently have in the
>>> Jackrabbit sandbox to the new Chemistry project. All the JCRCMIS
>>> Jira
>>> issues will be migrated to the new CMIS project in Jira.
>>>
>>> * I will request Apache committer accounts for the initial
>>> committers
>>> who don't already have such accounts. Please let me know what your
>>> preferred user account name is. The account will be associated with
>>> all the commits you make and will also become your @apache.org email
>>> address. Please check http://people.apache.org/~jim/committers.html
>>> for potential account name conflicts or provide a few acceptable

--
Florent Guillaume, Head of R&D, Nuxeo