jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Serge Huber <shub...@jahia.com>
Subject Re: Next steps for Chemistry
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2009 13:43:02 GMT

Hi Dominique,

Is this code already accessible somewhere ? I'd love to have a look at
it before I come on Wednesday. Even a snapshot of your working version
would be fine :)

Is the RMI deployment a requirement of your implementation, or just an
option ?

Regards,
   Serge Huber.

On 27 avr. 09, at 15:06, Dominique Pfister wrote:

> Hi Serge,
>
> I'm currently working on a JCR bridge for Chemistry, that will
> implement the interfaces in the chemistry-api module and translate
> them to calls on a generic JCR repository. I was able to plug a JCR
> repository implementation (actually Jackrabbit running in Tomcat
> accessed via RMI) into Florian's TestAtomPubServer test case, and the
> tests passed through. Of course, there is still a lot of functionality
> missing...
>
> Kind regards
> Dominique
>
> On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 2:58 PM, Serge Huber <shuber2@jahia.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Jukka & all,
>>
>> Thanks for the heads up. I was looking at the code for Chemistry this
>> morning, and it looks indeed like it's ready to be played with, but
>> it's
>> really lacking an integration with Jackrabbit :)
>>
>> I was wondering what people thought of David's suggestion that we
>> have the
>> Jackrabbit bindings in the Chemistry project ? Or it is too early
>> to discuss
>> this ?
>>
>> Also what is planned for the jcr-cmis code in the sandbox ? Will we
>> be able
>> to reuse some of that for the binding ? Anyone already working on
>> this ?
>>
>> Best regards,
>>  Serge Huber.
>>
>> On 27 avr. 09, at 12:00, Jukka Zitting wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> To keep everyone on track of what's happening with Chemistry,
>>> here's a
>>> list of things that are going to happen:
>>>
>>> * Based on the successful vote, I've asked the Incubator to accept
>>> Chemistry for incubation. Incubation starts on Thursday this week
>>> unless someone from the Incubator PMC challenges the proposal.
>>>
>>> * On Thursday (or once the IPMC is happy) I will request or set up
>>> all
>>> the project infrastructure listed on the Chemistry proposal. I will
>>> also move all the related code that we currently have in the
>>> Jackrabbit sandbox to the new Chemistry project. All the JCRCMIS
>>> Jira
>>> issues will be migrated to the new CMIS project in Jira.
>>>
>>> * I will request Apache committer accounts for the initial
>>> committers
>>> who don't already have such accounts. Please let me know what your
>>> preferred user account name is. The account will be associated with
>>> all the commits you make and will also become your @apache.org email
>>> address. Please check http://people.apache.org/~jim/committers.html
>>> for potential account name conflicts or provide a few acceptable