jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Boston <...@tfd.co.uk>
Subject Extending JR15 acl.ACLProvider
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2009 09:03:36 GMT
Hi,
I have been trying to extend the JR15 acl.ACLProvider (as used by
Sling, so may not be identical to trunk), and arrived at something
that might  be considered to go back in to JR... if you are interested.

It replaces the static call to ACLTemplate.collectEntries(node,map)
with an object, that object implementing an internal API,
EntryCollector, coming from a protected method getEntryCollector(),
which can be overridden.

This has allowed me to change the way in which the the ACL is filtered
for the current session. For an example extension see [1], and the
modified acl.ACL* classes see [2] Is this something likely to be
useful in JR core, or do you have other plans for this area ?

Ian

[1] http://github.com/ieb/k2-sling-fork/tree/3ff6f8d3ad7156e6b731a0ab5c7c75533ed0c790/bundles/jcr/jackrabbit-server/src/main/java/org/apache/sling/jcr/jackrabbit/server/impl/security/dynamic

[2] http://github.com/ieb/k2-sling-fork/tree/3ff6f8d3ad7156e6b731a0ab5c7c75533ed0c790/bundles/jcr/jackrabbit-server/src/main/java/org/apache/sling/jcr/jackrabbit/server/impl/security/standard