jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Removing ORM persistence manager ?
Date Fri, 24 Apr 2009 15:24:56 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 11:27 AM, Serge Huber <shuber2@jahia.com> wrote:
> It's been a long time since I have been implicated with Jackrabbit as I have
> not had the opportunity to work on it as much as I had hoped.

No problem, cool to see you here again!

> Anyway, I am proposing that we remove the ORM persistence manager that I
> initially committed, since I believe there is little interest for it and
> even myself will no longer be using it since much better implementations
> such as the bundle persistence managers have become available.
>
> Otherwise we could just leave it be in the sandbox, but should we maintain
> it ?

I'd just leave it in sandbox/inactive where I already placed it some
while ago [1]. Perhaps someone still is interested in the code, or at
least want's to browse the project history and the various
contributions that never made it to the trunk.

By definition none of the stuff in the sandbox is actively supported
or maintained so no worries about that. I just resolved the last
related open issue (JCR-730) with the resolution Won't Fix.

[1] http://markmail.org/message/46phqenfykz4fto7

BR,

Jukka Zitting