jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Content Technology track at the ApacheCon US 2009
Date Thu, 23 Apr 2009 15:38:23 GMT
Hi,

See below for the proposal that I sent to the conference planners.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

The Jackrabbit and Sling projects would like to organize a "Content
Technology" track at the ApacheCon US 2009. The track would be focused
on content repositories and content management based on the JCR and
CMIS standards.

We estimate that we could do something like a half-day track followed
by a more informal meetup in the evening. This would be a natural
extension to the meetups and normal sessions we've had in previous
ApacheCons.

We could also enlarge the scope of the track to cover a wider range of
projects like Cocoon, Lenya, Portals, POI, etc. in which case the
track could cover even something like 1-2 days. However, such plans
are mostly speculative at the moment.

The target audience of this track would mostly consist of web
developers and CMS (both web and enterprise) developers and
integrators. We might also do a more business-oriented session on the
current status of standardization in the content management industry.