jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Jackrabbit 1.6 release plan
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2009 15:10:27 GMT

As noted in various recent threads, we're getting closer to branching
and releasing Jackrabbit 1.6. There are no major blockers to 1.6 so we
should be able to move fairly quickly with the release. We had some
earlier plans about including a content browser/editor or implementing
database connection pooling in 1.6, but since neither effort has moved
much forward I guess it's best to not wait for them.

I'm hoping to have the JCR Commons components moved outside the main
codebase before the Jackrabbit 1.6 release, so the more we can do
towards that before branching 1.6 the better. Also, the fewer
components we have in trunk, the easier the JCR 2.0 migration work
will be after 1.6 has been branched. I'll try to focus some effort on
that in the next few days.

Unless anything major comes up, I will create a Jackrabbit 1.x branch
at the end of next week on Friday, April 30th. This branch will be
used for any remaining JCR 1.0 feature work for Jackrabbit 1.6 (and a
potential Jackrabbit 1.7 release later on if there's demand for that).
Meanwhile the trunk will be upgraded to JCR 2.0. Once all feature
changes for Jackrabbit 1.6 are in (hopefully within a week or so after
the 1.x branch was created), I will branch 1.6 and cut the first
preview build of the release. At that point the 1.6 branch will go
into a bug fix -only mode.

If you have any major fixes or features you'd like to see in
Jackrabbit 1.6, now would be a good time to bring them up.

Jukka Zitting

View raw message