jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IP clearance for the Chemistry contribution
Date Thu, 16 Apr 2009 09:47:06 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 7:42 PM, Florent Guillaume <fg@nuxeo.com> wrote:
> Jukka Zitting wrote:
>> Florent, would you and/or Nuxeo (depending on copyright ownership) be
>> willing to submit a software grant
>> (http://www.apache.org/licenses/software-grant.txt) covering the
>> Chemistry codebase?
>
> I sent the paperwork for general committer clearance to the Apache secretary
> some weeks ago. I have no problems sending another specific one for this
> codebase, I'll look at the URL you sent now.

Cool, thanks!

> On a related note, as I have a number of things I want to do in the coming
> days on this codebase (refactorings, addition of WS code, etc), what should
> I do to get svn access to the sandbox?

The Jackrabbit PMC has discussed this already, and it seems like
everyone would be happy to have you as a committer. However, normally
we require some code-level interaction, i.e. patches, with an existing
committer before nominating someone for committership. Dominique's
import of the Chemistry codebase counts as one such interaction and
having you submit one or two patches against the current state of the
code should be enough to get you in as a committer.

PS. We also discussed introducing a "sandbox committer" concept for
cases like this with a lower entry bar than standard committership,
but we didn't reach consensus on that so for now we're operating under
the above-mentioned standard path to committership.

BR,

Jukka Zitting