jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Confluence Wiki and MoinMoin Wiki
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2009 11:28:56 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 12:42 PM, Thomas Müller <thomas.mueller@day.com> wrote:
> Currently Jackrabbit has two wikis: Confluence and MoinMoin. Could we
> just use one? To me it doesn't matter which one.

The Confluence wiki is used to edit the content of the
jackrabbit.apache.org web site. The web site can only be edited by
people with CLAs on file, so we need something with good access
controls. However, after having used the Confluence wiki now for a
longer while I'm not very happy with it. The auto-export stuff is
quite limited and the change notifications are quite useless at the
moment without proper diffs.

The MoinMoin wiki is reasonably nice and seems to be working well for
us, so I'd like to keep it. Unfortunately it doesn't have enough
functionality to be used for editing the official Jackrabbit web site.

The main reason why we originally switched to Confluence for editing
the Jackrabbit web site was the painful process for publishing
changes. Since then the infra team has lifted the requirement of
keeping the published site in svn, so we could set up a CI process for
building and deploying the web site from some nice APT-formatted
source files in svn. This is what I'm currently planning to do for the
JCR Commons subproject. Perhaps we should do the same also for the
main Jackrabbit web site?

BR,

Jukka Zitting