jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IP clearance for the Chemistry contribution (Was: svn commit: r765129 [1/5] - in /jackrabbit/sandbox/chemistry: ...)
Date Thu, 16 Apr 2009 07:52:28 GMT
Hi,

Dominique Pfister schrieb:
> I wanted to check in the sources unchanged as I downloaded them before
> starting to adjust the license header, do refactorings, etc.
>
> Are you sure that @author tags in javadoc are not allowed in the
> sandbox as well? I see a lot of code in the sandbox that still
> contains them...

They are not disallowed but discouraged, since over time they get
outdated and pretty much useless. Therefore we decided to not use them
and remove them as we encounter them.

> On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 9:12 AM, Marcel Reutegger
> <marcel.reutegger@gmx.net> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> the sources contain a copy right notice in the license header.
>> wouldn't it be easier to have that in a notice file and instead use
>> the standard apache license header? there are also @author tags in
>> javadoc, which is contrary to our policy...

Definitely, as soon as the code is part of Jackrabbit (which is the time
it is stored in the SVN) it belongs to the ASF and nobody but the ASF
holds the copyright. As a consequence I would even go as far as say,
this line must be removed.

Finally, I agree with Jukka, that we should properly do the IP clearance
path, even though Florent may have discussed everything here. The code
was really developped outside of Apache (we don't care for reasons,
really) and should now undergo proper clearance.

Regards
Felix