jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [rmi] JCR-RMI 2.0.0 release plan
Date Mon, 06 Apr 2009 17:50:24 GMT
Hi,

Good thing. I just checked it out and have a quick look at it. Here is a
first impression:

I think, we probably don't need to export everything from this bundle
(yet, testing this would be important). Rather we should probably export
the most important factory classes: The Server and the Client factories
and keep the rest private as implementation details. The factories
should take care of getting the class loaders straight.

In addition, the bundle contains Jackrabbit-API and hence a Jackrabbit
dependency, which is what we wanted to prevent IIRC. The problem is not,
that this module is _using_ jackrabbit API but it is _implementing_
jackrabbit API, and this makes it even more problematic, since this
generates versioning issues (the imports must be more strict).

WDYT ?

Regards
Felix