jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Yoav Landman <yland...@gmail.com>
Subject Understanding mixins merge logic
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2009 23:51:58 GMT

Hi,

I am trying to understand the logic of merging mixing changes -
I see that the NodeStateMerger is failing a merge due do a difference in the
mixin type names. In practice, however, the content of the mixin type
namesets is identical between the overlayed state and the modified state
(same *names* references). But since the comparison of the 2 namesets
themselves is done by reference (NameSet does not override equals()) and
since the *namesets* references are different the merge ends up with a
StaleItemStateException.

My question is -
Shouldn't the comparison of the mixin type sets be done by content, not by
the references of the namesets themselves? The relevant comments in
NodeStateMerger say:
"the mixins have been modified but by just looking at the diff we can't
determine where the change happened since the diffs of either removing a
mixin from the overlayed or adding a mixin to the transient state would look
identical..."
I am trying to understand this and how it applies to the current behavior,
but can't. Could someone shed some light on it?

Thanks,

Yoav