jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Florent Guillaume ...@nuxeo.com>
Subject Re: Incubating Chemistry
Date Thu, 23 Apr 2009 15:07:51 GMT
On 23 Apr 2009, at 16:48, Jukka Zitting wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 12:12 AM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com
> > wrote:
>> Thanks to everyone who's been participating in writing up the
>> proposal; I think it's soon ready to be voted on! See [1] for the
>> current status.
>>
>> [1] http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ChemistryProposal
>
> I just filled in the last TODO entries and I feel that the proposal is
> pretty much complete now. Are there any points that still should be
> clarified or changed?

Thanks Jukka. Looks good.

Note that I'll need Metro bindings for WS as well, as we want to test
interop with both CXF and Metro. But the core code should be generic
in any case.
Also I had envisionned the Jackrabbit-specific backend living in the
Jackrabbit project, to simplify inter-projects dependency management
(as Chemistry is an infrastructure project). I don't know what the
Apache policy is for such things.

I'll commit more code in our tree tomorrow or during the WE.
In particular, for those who have looked at the existing APIs, I want
to:
- stop using enums where an implementation may potentially want
extensibility (property types are the main use case),
- commit the start of some SOAP bindings (that were used for the AIIM
demo),
- completely separate the SPI (that model the wire protocols) from the
high-level API that users will manipulate (Document, Folder, etc.)
- have a "default" implementation of the API on top of any implementor
of the SPI.

Bye,
Florent

--