jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Add id map and path map in SharedISM?
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2009 21:00:22 GMT
I think this is an interesting idea. there are several locations in
the query handler code where a hierarchy manager is created for the
shared item state manager. Instead of creating new instances over and
over again, it would be more efficient to reuse a shared instance.

how about adding a method to the ItemStateManager that will return a
HierarchyManager. depending on the implementation it may return a
CachingHierarchyManager or just the plain one.

or as an alternative, add a caching hierarchy manager  to WorkspaceInfo.

regards
 marcel