jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Boston <...@tfd.co.uk>
Subject NoSuchItemStateException with XAVersionManager.createVersionHistory
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2009 17:09:33 GMT
In 1.4.8 core, I am getting the following, not all the time but it
happens under load when I hit the webapp with a multi threaded perl
based load tester.
The webapp (a rest service) is setup to have a JTA transaction bound
to the thread, and an XASession bound to that transaction, also bound
to the request thread.
There is only one thread per request. (no java.util.concurrent.Future
et al)
There is a pass through AccessManager that responds with "granted" to
all requests.

createNode is creating nodes like /userenv/AA/BB/userID/usernv where
AA and BB go from 00 to FF.
and creating the nt:folder nodes as necessary when first encountered.
The item save is performed as a single save on the whole of the newly
created node tree.

This exception happens on about 10% of the requests.
I have searched jira, google and the lists and cant see anything that
matches this problem

If I run the load tester with 1 thread then there are no problems.
There are also EventListeners reading in this part of the node tree,
but none writing.

What am I doing wrong ?
Thanks.
Ian

    [exec] org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.NoSuchItemStateException:
c91fe3ae-6989-445a-ac90-6c511b3f08c1
      [exec] 	at
org
.apache
.jackrabbit
.core
.state.SharedItemStateManager.getItemState(SharedItemStateManager.java:
260)
      [exec] 	at
org
.apache
.jackrabbit
.core
.state.LocalItemStateManager.getNodeState(LocalItemStateManager.java:93)
      [exec] 	at
org
.apache
.jackrabbit
.core
.state.LocalItemStateManager.getItemState(LocalItemStateManager.java:
158)
      [exec] 	at
org
.apache
.jackrabbit
.core.state.XAItemStateManager.getItemState(XAItemStateManager.java:243)
      [exec] 	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.version.NodeStateEx.store(NodeStateEx.java:
533)
      [exec] 	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.version.NodeStateEx.store(NodeStateEx.java:
503)
      [exec] 	at
org
.apache
.jackrabbit
.core
.version
.AbstractVersionManager
.createVersionHistory(AbstractVersionManager.java:321)
      [exec] 	at
org
.apache
.jackrabbit
.core
.version.XAVersionManager.createVersionHistory(XAVersionManager.java:
138)
      [exec] 	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.ItemImpl.initVersionHistories(ItemImpl.java:
782)
      [exec] 	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.ItemImpl.save(ItemImpl.java:1224)
      [exec] 	at
org
.sakaiproject
.kernel
.jcr
.support
.JCRNodeFactoryServiceImpl.createNode(JCRNodeFactoryServiceImpl.java:
208)
      [exec] 	at
org
.sakaiproject
.kernel
.jcr
.support
.JCRNodeFactoryServiceImpl
.setInputStream(JCRNodeFactoryServiceImpl.java:295)