jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Florent Guillaume ...@nuxeo.com>
Subject Chemistry / CMIS status
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2009 23:58:14 GMT
Hi all,

Here's a status report on the progress of the Chemistry code.

The API has been tweaked a bit to separate a programmer-usable API
from a lower-level SPI that mirrors the CMIS spec.
There is now an AtomPub server implementation (work in progress) that
allows some read-only operations (for now): getting repo info, type
info, children listing and document retrieval).

You can check the latest sources by downloading http://hg.nuxeo.org/sandbox/chemistry/archive/tip.zip
This is a maven-buildable project.

The project includes a sample servlet so that folks can test their
CMIS AtomPub clients against a simple in-memory implementation of the
API (which is still very incomplete, but progressing well). Using:
   mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true package
you'll get a self contained JAR which you can run with:
   java -jar chemistry-tests/target/chemistry-tests-0.1-SNAPSHOT-jar-
with-dependencies.jar
Just hit ^C to stop the server.

As it's now at a stage where I'd really like more people eyeballing it
and contributing, I plan on submitting it tomorrow so that it could be
checked in by a committer in the sanbox -- if that's ok with you.

Thanks,
Florent

--
Florent Guillaume, Head of R&D, Nuxeo