jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Boston <...@tfd.co.uk>
Subject AccessManager Question.
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2009 01:26:43 GMT
I have an AccessManager implementation that uses its own session to
get properties (ACL) on nodes and the parents of nodes that it is
controlling.

I get lots of
WARN: overwriting cached item b38c5119-2aa2-4e08-b4bf-41dd1720c197
(2009-03-03 17:10:59,740 TP-
Processor3_org.apache.jackrabbit.core.ItemManager)

I think this is because the ItemManager is checking with the
AccessManager, which is adding the item to the cache in ItemManager,
and when the current thread returns to ItemManager to put the item
in...... its already been pulled in by AccessManager.. hence the warn.

I am using 1.4.8, I couldn't find anything in jira to help.

So, my questions:

If I want to store ACL's on the nodes, can I use the same session as
is accessing the node, or do I have to create a second session just
for accessing the ACL's ?

Will creating a second session per AccessManager have a performance
impact ?

Ian