jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Müller <thomas.muel...@day.com>
Subject Re: Customizing JR to access my DataBase Schema ..
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2009 12:23:03 GMT
Hi,

>     AFAIK JackRabbit uses Apache Derby

You can use any database (MySQL, PostgreSQL, H2 Database Engine,
Oracle,...). Apache Derby just happens to be the default.

> I would like to customize JR to access my DataBase Schema (a
> couple of tables which save node types and node relations instead jackrabbit
> repository).

If you use your own custom schema, you would need to write your own
JCR implementation (your own 'Jackrabbit'). Or at least your own
Persistence Manager (see
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/PersistenceManagerFAQ ). But that's
quite a lot of work. Instead, I suggest to use Jackrabbit to store the
node data, and use the regular MySQL Bundle Persistence Manager.

> I use mysql to store the node info and a custom filestore to
> store BLOB objects.

I suggest to use the Data Store, see http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/DataStore

Regards,
Thomas