jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Add id map and path map in SharedISM?
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2009 09:52:34 GMT
On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 6:40 PM, defeng <defeng.lu@gmail.com> wrote:

> But in ShareISM, when creating EventStateCollection, it still uses
> session-scope HierarchyManager to getPath(id).

it uses a specialized change log-based hierarchy manager. this instance
might return a different path for the same id than a SharedISM-based
hierarchgy manager.

> In my test, I found getPath(id) was a very expensive method, that's why i
> want to cache the id-path map in shared-scope.

a) there's a SessionISM-based CachingHierarchyManager which reflects
persisted and transient state.

b) there's a SharedISM-based CachingHierarchyManager in WorkspaceImpl.
it is currently per session but reflects shared state only.

c) there are specialized HierarchyManager implementations used locally
(e.g. ChangeLogBasedHierarchyManager used by EventStateCollection).

i agree that b) could probably be replaced by a global per workspace instance
(e.g. as a member of WorkspaceInfo, as marcel suggested).

cheers
stefan