jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Versioning only if wanted???
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2009 09:38:56 GMT
On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 10:12 AM, Bahl Christian <christian.bahl@gwvs.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i have a question about using versioning in jackrabbit. if i declare a node as mix:versionable,
everytime i update my node, there will be a new version, right? (checkout, save, checkin)

> is it possible not to create a new version of a versionable node?

sure, don't call checkin().

> e.g. i only want to update the calls of an article and save it in the jackrabbit node.
but i donĀ“t need a new version always i update the calls of an article.

just call save().

btw:
- please post questions like this to the users list.
- please don't post the same question repeatedly.
- "???" in the subject line don't exactly help...

cheers
stefan