jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Eric Wout van der Steen (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (JCR-1366) DbDataStore: tablePrefix not accomodated during init test for existing DATASTORE table
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2009 16:25:56 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-1366?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12678772#action_12678772

Eric Wout van der Steen commented on JCR-1366:

Hi, no, I don't actually need it. We're helped by the schemaObjectPrefix (which is in line
rest of the configurations already :) ).

So if I understand it correctly by your comment, you implemented option B? I didn't fully
get that. If so, you can disregard my comment, since I thought there would still be two parameters.

On the Wiki I already changed the documentation slightly based on comments from the user group,
see http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/DataStore?action=diff

Is that still correct?

> DbDataStore: tablePrefix not accomodated during init test for existing DATASTORE table
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>                 Key: JCR-1366
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-1366
>             Project: Jackrabbit Content Repository
>          Issue Type: New Feature
>          Components: jackrabbit-core
>    Affects Versions: 1.4
>         Environment: jdk 1.6, win xp, SQL SERVER 2007, jTDS jdbc driver
>            Reporter: Tyson Norris
>            Priority: Minor
>             Fix For: 1.6.0
>         Attachments: datastore_prefix.patch
> we are providing a test db deployment with prepopulated data, including jackrabbit DataStore.
I tried specifying the tablePrefix when creating the initial repository, and tables are created
> However, when a clean installation is run with a fresh database that has an existing
DataStore (stored at JACKRABBIT_DS_DATASTORE table), the startup fails, because during init,
the meta data only checks for tables name matching the tableSQL property:
> ResultSet rs = meta.getTables(null, null, tableSQL, null);
> but the tableSQL property is never modified based on the tablePrefix property (other
uses of tableSQL modify queries based on the prefix).
> I think the init method should modify the tested table name based on the tablePrefix.
> Note: I assume different JDBC drivers may handle this differently (we are using SQL Server
2007 and jTDS driver), since the DatabaseMetaData is API is unclear on the parameter to getTables
being a "tableNamePattern" - should wildcards work? Or should a specific table be specified?

> My DataStore config is below:
>     <DataStore class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.data.db.DbDataStore">
>       <param name="className" value="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.data.db.DbDataStore"/>
>       <param name="url" value="jdbc:jtds:SQLServer://localhost:1433/nga_admin;prepareSQL=2;responseBuffering=adaptive"/>
>       <param name="user" value="sa"/>
>       <param name="password" value=""/>
>       <param name="databaseType" value="sqlserver"/>
>       <param name="driver" value="net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver"/>
>       <!-- a bug in jackrabbit makes tablePrefix not work -->
>       <param name="tablePrefix" value="JACKRABBIT_DS_">
>       <param name="minRecordLength" value="1"/>
>       <param name="maxConnections" value="2"/>
>       <param name="copyWhenReading" value="true"/>         
>     </DataStore>

This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.

View raw message