jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Jackrabbit board report draft
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2009 12:38:15 GMT
Hi,

Here's a quick and early draft of the Jackrabbit board report for
March. I'm probably missing something, but luckily we have about ten
days to tweak this. :-)

<draft>
Apache Jackrabbit is a fully conforming implementation of the Content
Repository for Java Technology API (JCR, specified in JSR 170).

The Apache Jackrabbit project is in good shape. We have no board-level
issues at this time.

o Releases

We made the following two releases from the 1.5 branch:

    * Apache Jackrabbit 1.5.2 on January 20th
    * Apache Jackrabbit 1.5.3 on February 27th

The 1.5.2 release contained a fix to the security issue CVE-2009-0026
(Cross site scripting issues in webapp). This was the first security
issue we had received through security@, and we had some initial
confusion on how we should react to such issues. The security team was
very helpful in guiding us.

We also made the following component releases from the older 1.4 branch:

    * jackrabbit-core 1.4.7 on January 20th
    * jackrabbit-core 1.4.8 on January 29th
    * jackrabbit-core 1.4.9 on March 3rd

To get the JCR Commons subproject started we created and released a
standalone Jackrabbit parent POM:

    * org.apache.jackrabbit:parent:2 on February 6th

o Legal

No issues at the moment.

o Community / Development

Michael Dürig joined the Jackrabbit team as a committer and PMC member.

The JCR Commons subproject was started after related discussion and a
vote. We are still in the process of setting up this new subproject.
As a response to earlier board feedback we decided not to move these
components to Apache Commons to avoid splitting the development
community.

There is continuous interest in the JCR-based CMIS implementation we
are developing in our sandbox. Florent Guillaume, who is not (yet) an
Apache committer, is working on a related codebase in an external
Mercurial repository under the working name "Chemistry". There are
concerns over the development being split over different source
repositories. For now we hope to bring all development into Apache svn
and plan to manage the effort as organic growth within the Jackrabbit
project, possibly targetting a subproject once the effort matures.
Another option is to push the effort the Incubator as a new podling.

Starting with the 1.5.3 release our release notes include a section
that acknowledges everyone who has contributed to that release. The
contents of this section is based on the contribution report in Jira.

Work in Jackrabbit trunk continues and I expect us to release
Jackrabbit 1.6.0 in a few months. After the 1.6 release we'll most
likely start targeting Jackrabbit 2.0 for release later this year.
Jackrabbit 2.0 will require Java 5 as the base platform.

o Infrastructure

We have migrated our Hudson CI builds to the new minerva.apache.org
slave server.

The CI builds are now configured to deploy snapshots to the new
repository.apache.org server. We are planning to start using the
repository.apache.org server also for staging Maven releases.

The Jackrabbit zone that we used earlier for CI builds is being
removed as we no longer need it.

We have configured monthly Google Analytics reports to be sent to our
development mailing lists. This is not truly optimal as each report
needs to be separately approved by a moderator (due to the variable
sender address), but for now this works well enough as a mechanism of
sharing site statistics with everyone interested.
</draft>

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Mime
View raw message