jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: Concurrent DavSession
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2009 08:13:51 GMT
hi

> Seems to me, each WebDAV request should create a new DavSession which
> creates a new JcrSession always.

assuming that your are using the simple dav-server:

actually, this is the case as far as i know: the DavSessionProviderImpl
always calls SessionProvider.getSession (login) upon request processing
start and SessionProvider.releaseSession(Session) which
in turn calls logout on the passed session at the end
of the request processing.

note:
in case of the jcr-server the session is recreated
upon each request as well with one exception: if there
are pending locks, event listeners or pending transient
changes present on the server.
in case of the improved remoting server the latter
(transient changes) isn't relevant any more as a batch
of transient modifications is handled with a single
webdav request.

can you please check which server you are talking about?
and provide - in case it wasn't the simple server - information
if any of locking/observation/(transient-modications) are
involved.

thanks
angela