jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: Concurrent DavSession
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2009 08:13:51 GMT

> Seems to me, each WebDAV request should create a new DavSession which
> creates a new JcrSession always.

assuming that your are using the simple dav-server:

actually, this is the case as far as i know: the DavSessionProviderImpl
always calls SessionProvider.getSession (login) upon request processing
start and SessionProvider.releaseSession(Session) which
in turn calls logout on the passed session at the end
of the request processing.

in case of the jcr-server the session is recreated
upon each request as well with one exception: if there
are pending locks, event listeners or pending transient
changes present on the server.
in case of the improved remoting server the latter
(transient changes) isn't relevant any more as a batch
of transient modifications is handled with a single
webdav request.

can you please check which server you are talking about?
and provide - in case it wasn't the simple server - information
if any of locking/observation/(transient-modications) are

> So different CachingHierarchyManager
> instance should be created in any WebDAV request. Why two WebDAV requests
> worked on same CachingHierarchyManager and NodeState (container is
> SessionISM) instance here? What's the relationship among HttpSession,
> DavSession and JcrSession?

View raw message