jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Nicu Besliu <nicu.bes...@webmedia.ro>
Subject weblogic jcr resouce adapter
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2009 08:25:41 GMT
Hi,
Sorry if I'm repeating some a already discussed problem but I haven't
managed to find a similar issue.

I'm using jackrabbit resource adapter deployed in weblogic as a separate
deployment.  I've attached the ra.xml and weblogic-ra.xml.
Also my application packaged as a war is deployed in the weblogic app
server.
I obtain the jackrabbit repository with spring and jndi:

<bean id="wl_repository"
        <property name="jndiName" value="${wl.jcr.repository}" />
        <property name="proxyInterface" value="javax.jcr.Repository" />
    </bean>

The problem is that when I start the application server the  two
applications (the jackrabbit ra and my war) I see that weblogic
successfully deploys the ra first and then tries to deploy the war but
when the
war is being deployed it fails because it doesn't find the jndi name.

Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Unable to resolve 'jackrabbitOUT'.
Resolved ''; remaining name 'jackrabbitOUT'.

I might be barking on the wrong tree here, maybe this looks more like a
weblogic issue. But I'm just asking if someone has a similar
configuration in weblogic like a jackrabbit resource adapter and a war
deployed separately and communicating with jndi.
I know that a solution might be to package a ear in which to include the
ra and the war, but is there another approach?