jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From imadhusudhanan <madhusudhana...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Customizing JR to access my DataBase Schema ..
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2009 12:54:11 GMT
Thanks Thomas.	 Let me try using the JR's Mysql PM. I do not mind whatever schema is behind
whether mine or JRs. Let me get back to u in case I face any problem configuring PM. Another
question, I see the DataStore implementation creating a mysql table in db. Instead can I point
the DataStore to my custom FileServer. Any configuration ?? Also

---- On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 05:23:03 -0700 Thomas Müller &lt;thomas.mueller@day.com&gt;
wrote ----

Hi,

&gt;  AFAIK JackRabbit uses Apache Derby

You can use any database (MySQL, PostgreSQL, H2 Database Engine,
Oracle,...). Apache Derby just happens to be the default.

&gt; I would like to customize JR to access my DataBase Schema (a
&gt; couple of tables which save node types and node relations instead jackrabbit
&gt; repository).

If you use your own custom schema, you would need to write your own
JCR implementation (your own 'Jackrabbit'). Or at least your own
Persistence Manager (see
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/PersistenceManagerFAQ ). But that's
quite a lot of work. Instead, I suggest to use Jackrabbit to store the
node data, and use the regular MySQL Bundle Persistence Manager.

&gt; I use mysql to store the node info and a custom filestore to
&gt; store BLOB objects.

I suggest to use the Data Store, see http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/DataStore

Regards,
Thomas