jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Florent Guillaume ...@nuxeo.com>
Subject Re: Chemistry / CMIS status
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2009 12:49:39 GMT
Hi,

It's come to my attention that the Sun Java 5 compiler has bugs
(related to generics) which can prevent compilation. The symptoms are:
[INFO] Compilation failure
   /tmp/chemistry/chemistry-atompub/src/main/java/org/apache/chemistry/
atompub/PropertiesElement.java:[130,27]
org.apache.abdera.model.Element cannot be dereferenced

At least the following JDK versions have this bug:
   Linux: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_10-b03, mixed mode)
   Linux: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_14-b03, mixed mode,
sharing)
   Mac OS X: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_16-133, mixed
mode, sharing)

For now please try compiling with a Java 6 JDK.

Florent

--
Florent Guillaume, Head of R&D, Nuxeo