jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CRX 1.4.1 released - powered by Apache Jackrabbit & Sling - thanks!
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2009 06:56:30 GMT
On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 2:04 AM, Michael Wechner
<michael.wechner@wyona.com> wrote:

> ...One more difference I see is that your post didn't seem to provoke many
> reactions (yet)
>
> http://www.nabble.com/CRX-1.4.1-released---powered-by-Apache-Jackrabbit---Sling---thanks!-td21791030.html
>
> whereas mine did quite a bit
>
> http://www.nabble.com/devs-for-fire-td17646225.html#a17655501
>
> I guess all the devs (and in particular Day's devs) are on skiing vacation
> ;-)

Good on them ;-)

Michael, I agree with you that Greg's and your post are on a similar
"spam level" if we want to call it like that.

In my opinion, what would have made the difference is using [ANN] and
[JOB] tags in the subject lines.

Coming from community members (i.e. people who are actively involved
in a project, at least as regular mailing list posters), I think the
occasional job or product announcement is fine, provided it is
identified with such a tag.

Just my 2c though, I'm not a committer nor PMC member here, and not
speaking with my board hat on either, just myself (this hats thing can
be hard to manage sometimes ;-)

-Bertrand