jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit on Hadoop
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2009 14:20:11 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 15:07, Alessandro Bologna
<alessandro.bologna@gmail.com> wrote:
> sounds really great. I am assuming you tested it on a single machine.

correct. HDFS and HBase processes were all running on a single machine.

> Any plan to leverage HDFS in a JR cluster?

well, there's not really a plan. I wrote it just for fun to see how
difficult/easy it would be.

> Would it even be feasible?

I think so, but I'm not sure how well isolation levels are implemented
in HBase. I'll have to test that. I guess it would also make sense to
have a journal implementation on HBase to also move that part to
Hadoop.

regards
 marcel