jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit Lucene Query Syntax
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 21:59:48 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 8:17 PM, Dan Diephouse
<dan.diephouse@mulesource.com> wrote:
> This is probably a rather obvious question, but I'm trying to understand the
> queries that Jackrabbit is putting together and figured I'd fire off an
> email to see if anyone could help me out quick. My xpath query is
> "//child[foo/@foo = 'bar']" and the lucene query is:
> +(+(_:PROPERTIES:1:foo[bar _:PROPERTIES:1:foo[1:bar) +name() = {}foo)
> +DescendantSelfAxisQuery(+ChildAxisQuery(_:PARENT:, {}testroot), name() =
> {}child, 1)
> Why are there two "_:PROPERTIES:1:foo[bar" ?

those two are not identical, the second one has a '1:' before the 'bar'.

because jackrabbit cannot tell whether 'bar' is a literal of type
STRING or NAME by just parsing XPath, it simply searches for both
occurrences. the 1 you are seeing in the second term is the index
internal prefix for the default namespace uri.

regards
 marcel