jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Florent Guillaume ...@nuxeo.com>
Subject Re: Working on CMIS
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2009 08:54:56 GMT
Hi all,

Yes the architecture I want is the one also outlined in David's
slides. I propose that the code be structured like this:

cmis-api
  Interfaces based on the CMIS spec, but made Java-ish
cmis-client
  cmis-client-atompub
    Client using AtomPub
  cmis-client-ws
    Client using SOAP
cmis-server
  cmis-server-atompub
    Server using AtomPub
  cmis-server-ws
    Server using SOAP
cmis-commons
  Common utility classes used by client/server parts, for instance:
    - a simple implementation for Document, Folder, etc.
    - a parser and AST for SQL queries
cmis-tck
  Some upcoming, *unofficial* tck for CMIS, basically lots of unit tests
jackrabbit-cmis2jcr
  The implementation of cmis-api on top of a JCR repository
cmis-webapp-atompub (or cmis-sample-browser ?)
  The sample webapp connecting to a remote CMIS repository using AtomPub

The code existing in the sandbox would be moved to fit in the above
hierarchy, nothing is lost.

I've started working on the refactoring in a Mercurial repository here
at Nuxeo (just the cmis-api for starters), and I'll provide patches as
soon as all the tests pass. I'll give you a URL for the repository
when it's set up today.
The refactoring will basically have to define (a first draft of) the
CMIS Java API, and change the clients and server to use them as
intermediate datastructures.

How does that sound?
I'd like to use org.apache.cmis as the package base for all the cmis-*
bundles, does anyone foresee a problem with that?

Thanks,
Florent

--
Florent Guillaume, Head of R&D, Nuxeo