jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject jackrabbit-core 1.4.9 (Was: backporting some performance fixes)
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2009 14:11:07 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 1:55 PM, Marcel Reutegger
<marcel.reutegger@gmx.net> wrote:
> OK, thanks for the feedback. I'll start merging the changes into the 1.4 branch.

Good. We can cut the release as soon as you're done with the merges.
The "core 1.4.9" version in Jira is used for tracking all the issues
going into the release. The current list of changes is:

  [JCR-1337] Optimize first execution queries for DescendantSelfAxisWeight...
  [JCR-1884] CachingIndexReader.initializeParents() does not scale well ...
  [JCR-1872] Improve performance of simple path queries
  [JCR-1998] Initialize hierarchy cache on startup

Are there other fixes/changes people would like to see in
jackrabbit-core 1.4.9. Note that even though we are relaxing the
branch policy here, it's still best to avoid making too risky changes
in the branch.

PS. Marcel, do you want to cut the release, or should I do it? It's
probably easier if I do the release, but I'd be happy to give you a
hand if you'd like to try the ropes. See the discussions related to
the 1.4.x component releases Felix did earlier for everything that
needs to be done for the release.

BR,

Jukka Zitting